RE: NO LBC: Irony can be so ironic sometimes

To: <british-cars@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: NO LBC: Irony can be so ironic sometimes
From: "Gene Gillam" <anngene@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 12:05:05 -0600
The way I look at it is if you're not wearing your seat belt and you're
killed in a car accident then as far as I'm concerned you've forfeited
your loved one's right to sue the car manufacturer for damages.  They
provided the belt, you didn't wear it - and even if you were thrown from
the car and it was later determined that there was a defect with the
door locks - so be it - you wouldn't have been thrown out if you'd been
wearing your seat belt.

Personal responsibility is great - but too often that "personal
responsibility" gets thrown out the window and someone else gets blamed.
I'm sure the family of the person that was the original subject of this
thread is probably looking at a lawsuit right now even though the other
occupants of the vehicle were wearing their seatbelts and were unharmed.

Gene Gillam
Saucier, MS