Re: POR15

To: mikey@b2systems.com (Mike Rambour)
Subject: Re: POR15
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@scs.agilent.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 12:36:51 -0800 (PST)
I use is as a generic black paint because it's better than anything
available at any of the hardware or paint stores here in the San
Francisco Bay area.  This is because of local environmental regulations.
For example, I had my drive and half-shafts re-U-jointed and balanced at
a local shop.  Local law only allows shops like this to use water based
paints.  This includes radiator shops, BTW.  The kindest think I can say
about this type of paint is that it's crap.  You can literally rub it
off with you fingers.  If I think of I always ask that repaired parts
not be painted so I can paint them myself.  Unfortunately I forgot in
this case so I ended up having to remove this junk paint.  Well, it did
come off easily, but I would preferred not to have had to bothered.  I'm
not overly worried about my shafts crumbling into iron oxide dust, it's
just that POR-15 looks better sticks better, cures better and stays on
better.

I've used POR-15 on suspension and frame pieces as well as engine parts
not subject to high temperatures.

I've purchased POR-15 by mail order and at a local RV supply store.

Roland