Re: POR15

To: Roland Dudley <cobra@scs.agilent.com>, barrier@bconnex.net
Subject: Re: POR15
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 11:04:27 -0800
   I have always been under the impression that one uses POR-15 to cover up
something, like rust, and that if you have clean metal you use a good
primer and paint.  I had my frame sandblasted then I sprayed it with
variprime and then a paint primer and paint.  From these discussions I
gather you guys put the POR-15 right on the bare metal even if it is not
rusty, what is the advantage of that ?

   I am curious since I have another frame to do in the next few months and
have never used POR-15 because I always perceived it to be a "cover it and
hide that rust" product.  Yes, I have been to their website where they
claim to be otherwise, but that is marketing and marketing does not keep
the car from rusting when you start driving it.

        mike

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing and  ~~~ .oooO  Oooo.  ~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                                   (    )  (     )
Bug Writer er...Programmer                \   )   (   /
      mikey@b2systems.com                  \_)  (_/
If you want to learn more about the ULTIMATE BRITISH sports car,
then take a look at   http://www.singercars.com/