Re: synthetic oil?

To: DEVierling@aol.com, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: synthetic oil?
From: Fred Talmadge <fredtal@industryinet.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 07:06:55 -0600
Changing oil removes any debris that is also in the oil.  That is the most
important reason to change oil.  Petroleum oil probably lasts for 10,000
miles or more, it's the contamination that is the problem.

One problem I have with my old S1 Elan which is in storage for over 10
years now, is that moisture gets in the oil.  I've taken to removing the
head and soaking the entire engine completely in oil to prevent rust.

That reminds me there was a faq awhile back on oil.  I'll if I can dig it
out I'll post it.

Fred