Re: 4 post automotive lifts

To: Stuart MacMillan <macmillan@home.com>
Subject: Re: 4 post automotive lifts
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 14:53:03 -0400
Stuart MacMillan wrote:

> A question for those of you who have one, is it inside or outside?  I
> have spent several hours recently installing the engine/tranny into my
> MGB by myself, and I still have much to do under the car (pinion seal,
> drive shaft, new exhaust and rear brakes).

  Mine is inside, but I have a 10.5 foot ceiling.

  I guess it depends on the car you have. The shorter the car,
the higher you can put it up. With my MG magnette I can't stand
completely up underneath the car, I have to stoop a little. But
with a roadster, I can put it higher than I would want it to be.

  Still, often if I am doing a long job I don't even put it
up to standing height, I use a roll around chair and put it
around chest-high. It also allows me to more easily reach
tools since they are lying on the floor at arms reach.

  Get out that measuring tape!

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca