OSI

To: british-cars-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: OSI
From: HOODHILL@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 20:57:51 EDT
Innocenti  imported  Sprite  chassis and  added  a  body  designed  by  Tom
Tjaarda at  Ghia  and  manufactured  by  OSI.  Production  ran  1962  to
1966  with  the  948cc  "bugeye"  and  later  the  1098cc Sprite  chassis
called  the  S model  at  Innocenti.  Due  to  Italian  tax  laws  the  1275
cc  was never  used.   Production  is  thought  to  be  about  7,000.  Very
few  imported  into  the  US in  1964-65  by  BMC,  most  were  personal
imports.  Currently,  we  have  about  27  cars  located  around  the  world
excluding  Italy.  Any  others  out  there  we  don't know  about?
Jim  Hill  Menlo  Park  Calif.  Innocenti  Spider  Registry .   Hoodhill  @
AOL.com