Re: Healey air filters

To: pmcbride@hooked.net (Paul McBride)
Subject: Re: Healey air filters
From: Bob Spidell <spidell@hpcc01.corp.hp.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 95 9:54:14 PST

>Hi SOL`s
>I would  like to install a set of K&N air filters on my car.
>The car is a 66 AH 3000. All the catalogs that I have, list
>K&N filters for just about all Healey applications except
>the BJ8. Maybe they dont offer these, as the front filter
>baseplate mounting is different from the rear. Does anyone
>have a reference to these filters or an equivalent alternative?
>The stock filters seem better suited as gravel
>sifters. Any help would be appreciated and my rings will
>thank you.
>Paul McBride
>pmcbride@hooked.net
>Austin-Healey Club of America

I got a pair of these for my BJ8 from Advanced Performance Technology
(APT):

   561 Iowa Ave. (Annex E)
   Riverside, CA 92507
   Tel (714) 783-0344
   Fax (714) 783-8283

They were about $35/ea in 3/93.  They do not have provision for the
crankcase breather tube, so you'll have to engineer one.  I decided
to stay with the stock grasshopper strainers, so I returned them.
The owner, who has a Brit accent BTW, is an extemely pleasant man
who accepted the return no questions asked.

Bob Spidell (spidll@hpcc01.corp.hp.com)