Surviving MGAs

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Surviving MGAs
From: DSimes@aol.com
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 1995 11:00:22 -0500
In the January issue of the British Magazine Thoroughbred & Classic Cars
there is a great article on MGAs by Tony Dron.  However, in the article, the
author claims that per info from the different MGA registers, there are only
5,000 MGAs (of the original 102,000) left in the world.

Does that number seem to be very low to anyone else?  I would think that the
number is three times that.  I can understand how someone in Great Britian
could have this idea, because in England the MGA is kind of a rare beast as
they exported almost all of them.
This also causes the prices over there for MGAs to be very high, almost up
there with Jags, Austin Healey's etc.

Any comments?

Dave    (1980 Spitfire)