'79 Spit Auto-X for sale

To: "'British Cars'" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: '79 Spit Auto-X for sale
From: "Riggs, R. (Kevin)" <rkriggs@hsv28.pcmail.ingr.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 95 11:07:00 CST
A mechanic friend may be brokering a customer's '79 Triumph Spitfire, and I
offered to see if anyone's interested.  The Spit was originally the
mechanic's, and he built it for autocrossing.  It has a mild performance
cam, adjustable Spax shocks in the front, rear Jaguar-type shocks (?),
high-compression head (9.5:1 comes to mind, but not sure.  Also not sure how
compression was raised), over-bored, Weber side-draft(s?), rebuilt (brand
new gears) differential, large front anti-roll bar, rear anti-roll bar
added, wider-than-stock wheels (sorry, don't know details on that),
straight, rust-free body.  The car has been sitting indoors for several
years since it was last autocrossed.  My impression is that if the firm
suspension doesn't bother you, the car can be street-registered.

The car is in Huntsville Alabama, and the asking price is expected to be
$2K.  I'm sorry for the sketchy details, but if anyone is interested, I can
get any other information you require.  I'm not familiar with Spitfire's but
the mechanic is, and he's a relatively disinterested party.  I can get
thorough access to the car, so I can attempt to verify anything you consider
questionable.

I have no financial interest in the sale of this automobile.

Kevin Riggs
rkriggs@ingr.com
Huntsville, AL