re: Still no start

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: re: Still no start
From: oliverc@cc.tacom.army.mil
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 95 12:02:31 EST
         Tom, I have been following your post, and I may have a solution. I
         had similar trouble with a old Toyota Land Cruiser
         The thing would run, then die, then start, die, etc.
         The timing chain and gears were shot.  We replaced them, and ended
         up with a no start problem like you have.  After going through the
         hammer through the windshield phase, we discovered that the
         distributer was so worn out that the rotor was actually lifting and
         throwing the timing off.  We solved the problem by replacing the
         distributer.  We discovered it cranking the engine with the dist
         cap off, and watching the plane of rotation change for the rotor.
         I hope this helps, if you have more questions, let me know at
         oliverc@cc.tacom.army.mil  Later, Chris