Re: STILL no Start!

To: tomstory@slip.net (Thomas Story), british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: STILL no Start!
From: "Doug Mitchell" <doug@dsg128.nad.ford.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 1995 10:02:21 -0500
On Jan 26, 10:30pm, Thomas Story wrote:
> Subject: STILL no Start!
> Let's just say that right about now I am ready to throw a large hammer
> through the windshield...Scenario...1967 MkII, 1500 engine, Stromberg
> Carb(single150cdse), brand new starter, brand new coil, new points,

[Stuff deleted]

>-- End of excerpt from Thomas Story

First, has the engine ever run in this car?

Second, if you misstated the "valves on no1 open", and really meant
closed, try setting the dizzy so that the rotor points toward cyl.
no.1, and then install the wires in the correct order.

If by some chance, the dizzy is 180 degrees out of phase, you won't
run, but you should get some bucking and an attempt to fire. If this
happens, take the wires, and put them on two places over on the cap.

This will show if the dizzy is 180 out. If the engine then runs,
Bob's your uncle. Pull the dizzy, turn the drive around, and set
everything the way it should be.

The one remaining possibility is that there is a blockage in the intake
manifold, preventing fuel or ether from getting through.

Doug Mitchell
Ford Motor Company
doug@dsg128.nad.ford.com