I could have had an L6!

To: RLDesign@aol.com
Subject: I could have had an L6!
From: Greg Meboe <meboe@wsunix.wsu.edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 1995 13:01:47 -0800 (PST)
On Thu, 26 Jan 1995 RLDesign@aol.com wrote:

> That said, I can't really figure out why folks want to swap engines into and
> out of their various LBCs. V8 Austin Healeys are my particular bane. The
> heart of any of these cars are their admittedly (in some cases) crude but
> willing and indestructible power plants. And why anyone would trade the sweet
> sound of a Healey six for the wuffle of a V8 with an el-dweebo slapstick
> tranny, I don't know. And, inevitably, V8 conversions seem to go with tuck
> 'n' roll interiors, flared wheel arches, silly custom registrations, and
> hideous wheels.
>
> --Roger, the Originality Snob

Wow, an apt summary. That said, I think it not too hideous a thing for an
MGB owner to install (tastefully) a V-8 in his/her car.  Healeys however,
seem to "ask for it".  I don't know why.  It just seems that an
inordinate number of Healeys have been butchered in the fashion you describe.
Too bad too.

                Greg
                            Greg Meboe     meboe@wsunix.wsu.edu
                            Dept. of Mechanical and Materials Engineering
                            Washington State University,  Pullman, Wa.
                            '85 XJ-12 H.E. (daily)  '67 Spit-6 '74 TR-6