DB7/F-type, was: 007 in a Beemer?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: DB7/F-type, was: 007 in a Beemer?
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 1995 07:49:03 +0500
Fellow fiends:

While I can readily agree that the DB7 is a superlative car, I must include
in our discussion that it was only recently a DB7.  Correct me if I'm wrong
but wasnt't the car supposed to be a Jag "F-type"???  Over a year ago there
were fuzzy photos in Autoweek and only about a month ago they had an item on
applications to the US Govt. for import of the automobile to the US under
the Jaguar marque.  Yes, they altered the front end to have that droopy look
to the air intake unique to the AM, but not much else has changed.  I'm not
remotely sure why they did this.  Rumors of the birth of a new F-type
remain, as they have for decades now, greatly exagerated.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not the sort who would rather push a Jag than
drive an Aston (I *have* pushed a jag, and it isn't as much fun as its cut
out to be), but...  I was cheated!  I was saving my $125,000 for an F-type.
Now, I don't know what to do with all this money I've accumulated.  Damn

Will "I didn't need it, I didn't want it, and you took it from me" Zehring