The Singer

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: The Singer
From: glenns@edge.ercnet.com (Glenn Schnittke)
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 1995 19:44:16 -0600
So, here's the poop following yesterday's poop.

The car highlighted is the '36 Singer Le Mans owned by Peter Jewison. Kind
of a deep robin's egg blue and, like I said, lines similar to but more fluid
than the MGT's. 972cc, sohc, dual carb (and, golly, they look an awful lot
like SU's) engine puts out 41bhp and had a top speed of 75 mph. The reviewer
had lots to say about the ride and handling and overall feel of the car as
compared to contemporary MG's and Riley's. Like I say I want one just after
seeing it. 'Course B parts are easier to get...

<Original B jacks.

I've been making great use of mine. It works quite well, thanks, and I know
I've seen them in the Moss catalog. I do use the scissors jack out of the
Civic for things like replacing springs and other suspension work. A little
more controllable than a 2t hydraulic. But then I'm working in gravel. %-]

Glenn

Glenn Schnittke
glenns@edge.ercnet.com
72147.3635@compuserve.com