re: MGB Cylinder Head

To: CREICHLE@MEDNET.MED, MIAMI.EDU@CSCH.MGH.HARVARD.EDU,
Subject: re: MGB Cylinder Head
From: Colin Brace <BRACEC@A1.MGH.HARVARD.EDU>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 1995 13:07:00 -0500 (EST)
          Chris,
               I'll second what Marc Sayer wrote, a rough mating surface on
          the head is NOT correct, my head was warped only 4 thou in the
          middle and it was blowing water into the center cylinders. Hope he
          didn't take too much off that when you have this corrected (by a
          machinist, this time ;-)), he doesn't take too much off that you
          cant use pump gas, 'cuz B's can be rather octane sensitive with the
          stock compression ratio. Unfortunately, smoothing the head is the
          only real fix. Been there.

          Hope this helps.

          BTW, am getting answers back from the WW2-L on the Crosley/B-29
          connection, I'll summarize later, but it has the makings of an
          urban legend. Stay tuned.

          Colin      WA1KWA

          74 MGB
          73 BMW 3.0s