Re: Pozidriv screwdrivers

To: Rich Hill <hill@ece.ucdavis.edu>
Subject: Re: Pozidriv screwdrivers
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 1995 14:37:52 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 13 Jan 1995, Rich Hill wrote:

> instead of the phillips drivers that I have been using.  I've decided that
> the correct Pozidriv screwdrivers really are the way to go but don't really
> know what sizes are required.  Since Snap-On seems to be one of the few
> reliable sources for these things and they are, ahem, a bit pricey, I'd
> like to avoid buying any extra, expensive screwdrivers.  So, the question
> of the day is:
>
> What size Posidriv screwdrivers are required for a '79 Midget?
>
> The door striker is held on with a big screw - largest phillips works but
> not well - is this a Pozidrive #3 or #4?
>
> I probaly should get all four but it would be nice to know for sure.
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rich Hill
> hill@ece.ucdavis.edu

I don't know if the door latch screws are the same on your car as on my
bugeye, but chances are they are.  My door latch screws take a #3
Pozidrive.  I have Snap-on numbers 1-4, but the only screw that I remember
takes the #4 is the windshield post screws.  Let me see, it probably cost
me about $4 a screw to tighten them.  When it comes to screws, however,
there are few things more satisfying than having just the right tool for
the job.

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910