Re: A Question for Canadians...

To: mike@sdm.ShoppersDrugMart.ca
Subject: Re: A Question for Canadians...
From: luckett@ibm.net
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 95 08:34:36
Mike, here's some ideas:

Obsolete Automotive
110 Kendall St.,
Point Edward, ON
N7V 4G5
(519) 337-3232

These guys (out of Sarnia) carry both New/Old Stock and good used
stuff. They also seem to know their stuff and are both helpful and
friendly (are rare combination eh?) Their prices are okay and have
pretty good stock levels on a lot of stuff.

Peninsula Import Auto Parts
South Service Rd.
Oakville, ON
(sorry - no phone number - try directory assist)

They have a large stock - variable prices and aren't very friendly
(at least whenever I have been looking for Spitfire parts)

As far as importing - I have done a lot from TRF (even when Brits
and Pieces was in business - it was always cheaper to import from
TRF including shipping, duty and exchange), and it works well -
as long as you don't mind the delay.

Also if shipping via courier rather than parcel post, which is what
you would do for big items - watch out for the brokerage fees! These
are the hidden costs which can be a killer (I've had to pay $100 on
occaision.

I usually try to wait for the TRF Summer Party (August) and bring
all my parts back then (obviously if I can wait that long) - have
never had a problem declaring them at the border.

Stephen Luckett - Dundas,ON Canada       Luckett@ibm.net
73 Jensen-Healey
74 Jensen-Healey
74 Triumph Spitfire