Re: AH100 Questions

To: "'British cars'" <British-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: AH100 Questions
From: "Preston, Mark" <MPRESTON@cosmpdgate.ftcollinsco.ncr.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 95 14:28:00 MST
>        AH 100 QUESTIOS ->BOB BENDER IN THE FROZEN NORTHEAST

>        1)  ANYONE KNOW OF A PARTICULARLY GOOD EXHAUST SYSTEM FOR A
>            AUSTIN HEALEY 100 ?  ( TUNED HEADER, LARGER PIPE(S) MUFFLER
>            DUAL PIPES , ETC.)

>        2)  ANYONE KNOW OF A GOOD BASIC BOOK ON HEAD MODIFICATIONS (I.E.
>            PORTING, POLISHING , ETC)

Bob,

Can't help you on the exhaust system.

For head modifications Classic Motorbooks carries a book titled "Theory and
Practice of Cylinder Head Modifications" @ $19.95.  The content description
is "A practical guide to extracting higher power outputs from an engine
through modifying cylinder heads. Utilizes modern methods and is written for
both the amateur and professional engine tuner. Deals with British engines."
I have not seen the book in person but sounds what you are looking for.

Mark Preston
mark.preston@ftcollinsco.ncr.com
//   1957 MGA 1500   //   1959 AH 3000 BN7   //   1982 Jaguar XJ-6   //