Re: Smith gauges

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Smith gauges
From: RLDesign@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 1995 17:18:25 -0500
My Smiths tacometer is doing some erratic things.

Before you ship that guy off, you may want to check to see if the electrical
connections are in good shape, and whether the gauge is properly grounded.

If it's a cable drive tach, than I guess you're stuck, even though the cables
have been known to unscrew themselves. In an AH 100, grease will work it's
way up the cable from the engine. It then drops from the back of the guage
onto your white linen suit pants as you try to imitate Gatsby.

I have an article somewhere on do-it-yourself tach and speedo repair, but it
seemed like a recipe for disaster to me.

Good luck!

--Roger