Re: Richmond BRIT CAR EVENT MAY 21.. What's it Like?

To: hershfld@email.unc.edu, Jeffbtr6@aol.com, 70471.1433@compuserve.com,
Subject: Re: Richmond BRIT CAR EVENT MAY 21.. What's it Like?
From: KMNTR6@aol.com
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 1995 20:42:44 -0500
The British Car Meet is sponsored by the Richmond Triumph Register which is a
club of about 130 member families. It is a small (if you call 150 cars small)
show that was created because the RTR's membership felt that there were no
close springtime shows in the mid-Atlantic. The upcoming event on May 21st,
1995 will be our 3rd. Each meet seems to get a little better. At the 2nd meet
we had participants coming from as far away as Massachusetts. There are two
types of judging Participants Choice and Peoples Choice. Everyone knows how
Participants Choice works, but I believe that the RTR has the only show with
peoples choice. Our peoples choice awards are given to the cars chosen by the
spectators, NOT car owners or exibitors. Each year we have had over 1000
spectators.

During the 1993 car meet, the date was the same as the Import day at Carlyle,
PA. After we realized our error, we quickly changed our date and during the
1994 Car meet we had over a 50% increase in attendance, plus The vendor field
grew from just 3 at ther first show, to 15 at the second. I'd say that is a
substantial increase. The weather has been picture perfect at each show. We
expect radio station WRXL-FM to be present and to heavily promote the meet.

The meet is located at the historic Stony Point School, which was built in
early twenties. It's a majestic old English Tudor house on 27 acres with
formal gardens in the back. It' s often used for weddings, parties, class
reunions, and the like.

I'd like to welcome all SOL memebers to give the Richmond show a try. We're
only 2 hours from DC, 2 hours from VA Beach and 1 hour from Charlottesville.

See you there!

Ken Nachman
Event Co-Chair
RIchmond Triumph Register