Re: RE- Right Angle Drive

To: Pschauss@aol.com, "R.M. Bownes III" <bownes@lucas.emi.com>
Subject: Re: RE- Right Angle Drive
From: "Dave Lapham" <Dave_Lapham@oakqm3.sps.mot.com>
Date: 9 Jan 1995 14:41:49 U
        Reply to:   RE>>RE- Right Angle Drive
Regarding right angle drives, I say again I haven't really taken one apart,
but Bob Bownes says he's seen them with gears in them.  I cannot ignore an
eyewitness report, so perhaps there are different types (or maybe I'm
completely wrong -- it's been known to happen).  Still, I've been told the
A-H ones are repairable.  I don't have one in front of me right now, but
there's a metal disk that can be removed to expose the innards, and my
sources say they use the tip of a speedo cable to repair it.  Heck, pry the
disc off, look at it, and if I'm wrong buy a new one (oh, and let me know so
I won't waste any of my own time on this sort of activity).

Dave Lapham       HEALEY@OAKHILL.sps.mot.com       Austin, TX

I don't mind learning from my mistakes, but I'd prefer to learn from other's
mistakes.