Re: Bugeye Sprite Hardtop Parts

To: jturner@runner.jpl.utsa.edu
Subject: Re: Bugeye Sprite Hardtop Parts
From: Andrews Peter F <andrewpf%geds@mhsgate.salem.ge.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 95 09:51:18 EST
John,

    I have been looking for some of the same parts.  AH Spares Ltd has
the front latches.  I got a faxed quote from them on July 19, 1994;

    XHOD153    Sprite Mk 1 hardtop clamp  #22.00 each

    So somewhere around $70 for the pair (my WSJ subscription expired so
I don't know the current exchange rate), plus shipping across the pond.

    I asked about the weatherstripping, window gasket and window as well.
 They don't carry them but referred me to "Nical Engineering, Tel & Fax:
0590 612181.  I haven't contacted them yet - please let me know what they
say if you do.

    Don't know about the rear attachment pieces.  Mine are OK.

    AH Spares Ltd telephone is 0926 817181 and fax 0926 817868.  My fax
was promptly replied to but I don't have any purchasing experience with
them.

    Keep us all informed.  My latches are very bad so I'll likely buy a
pair soon, before the almost certainly small production run is gone.

Pete Andrews                    1959 AH Sprite Mk1  AN5L/18575
andrews_pf@salem.ge.com         1961 AH Sprite MK1  AN5L/44591