San Jose visit

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: San Jose visit
From: paisley@boulder.nist.gov (Scott W. Paisley 303-497-7691)
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 1994 16:49:13 -0700
Hi Ho Ho Ho!!!

Sorry for the lateness, but I'm just now catching up!  Still not
caught up with the british car list yet.  Doh!  But, San Jose was a
great time!  Thanks to the visit with Stan, Greg, Tim, and Daren!
Stan picked me up at the Fairmont, top down, in his '65 sprite.  It
brought back many many memories of Mark Holl and myself bashing around
the backroads in Maryland.  The Valet parking guy, had never seen a
limo so short, but he proceeded to let stan pick up the guest waiting
for the esteem british escort.

Upon arriving at the British Pub, I keenly eyed Daren's bugeye (red
car) and knew I had to persaude him for a ride somehow...  After
entering the pub, it was great to meet fellow Sol folk already chipper
with pint in hand.

After several stories, and a few tall tales (mostly from myself) I
persuaded Daren for a spin in Red car.  It was truely a delight.  What
fun, and what cornering ability!  I made a mental note that I must
obtain such a car someday.  (uh oh...)

Tim then drove me back to the hotel in his honary LBC, a newly aquired
RX7.  We figured it should be an honary LBC as there are just as many
LBC's with rotary engines as RX7s.  (well maybe not that many) :-)

Anyway, it was a really fun trip, and I highly recommend those who
travel to visit fellow SOL in their area.

Cheers!

-Scotty