re: Land Rovers

To: BRITISH-CARS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: re: Land Rovers
From: Colin Brace <BRACEC@A1.MGH.HARVARD.EDU>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 1994 10:31:00 -0500 (EST)
          Interesting banter on Land Rovers. I bumped into a chap at the
          Westminster, VT meet a few weeks ago with one an ex-military LR,
          and my memory was jogged when someone mentioned there were ex-
          military ones offered for sale here in the US. This one seemed
          rather more rugged than a civilian model, sort of like a Land Rover
          on steroids. Are these still being offered for sale in the US? This
          is quite intriguing, as I may be looking for a truck come spring &
          I use a truck as a truck, as a tool & not a toy & the ruggedness of
          an LR appeals to me in this regard. I'll have to do some reading on
          LR's, but were not the LWB versions also made in somewhat of a
          pickup-truck style? Also, what is the carrying capacity of a LR?
          What is the towing capacity? Will it at least tow my MGB? Do I have
          it that bad? Is there any known cure?