Ahhh! A Triumph! (and brake pressure switch)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Ahhh! A Triumph! (and brake pressure switch)
From: KMWHEELER@ualr.edu
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 1994 20:07:49 -0500 (CDT)
After three MGB's, a Midget, an AH Bugeye, and a Jaguar....
we've gone and bought a Triumph!
A 1977 TR-7.  Our seventh British car.  Cosmic, huh?
Anyway, it probably has  a burned valve in #1, then there's that head
warpage thing (that 7's have, don't know if this one's afflicted), drivers
seat needs some work.  The sun roof is ragged out.  The front right fender
was tweaked, and the front valance is garbage.  Needs shocks.  The good
news:  no rust, it does run, nice tires, headers, and dual weber
downdraught carbs.  Oh yeah, and $500.  Can't wait to get it home and
start fiddling.  Another BMCA member has challenged us to get it running
for the winter.

Brake pressure differential warning activator switch.  I think that's the
proper name.  My '68 B (autocrosser/vintage race wannabe) had one of these
external devices.  How do you know when a Brit car with an external PDWA
is out of brake fluid?  It stops leaking.  The '68 has had it's switch
replaced by a two way and a three way fitting.  One from the BMC to each
of the front calipers, and one from the BMC to the rear of the car.  This
stupid thing was the only problem I had with the brakes when I got the car,
and most of the ones I've seen were either leaking or weeping, so I decided
I didn't want to fool with it.

-Keith