Miata trailer hitches

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Miata trailer hitches
From: "Josh Sirota" <jss@whistler.avistar.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 1994 17:37:03 -0700
I have a friend (non-autocrosser) who has a Miata, and wants to get a
trailer hitch just so that he can get a hitch-mounted bike rack.

His local favorite rack store told him that he can get a receiver-type
hitch for about $180 installed -- but this installation involves welding.
That surprised me.  So, do any of you out there with Miatas have trailer
hitches?  If so, do you have a receiver-type or a standard-type (ball always
present), and did it bolt in or weld in?

Actual prices and suppliers would be much appreciated, but not expected.

Thanks.

Josh