Re: Any Met owners out there?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Any Met owners out there?
From: Daren Stone <Daren_Stone@ccm.sc.intel.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 94 10:39:52 PST
Text item:

Had two of them. The first one was also my first car, a '60 black/white
hardtop with rusted-out floorboards and a nail placed the junction of a
front brake fitting to keep fluid from reaching a leaking brake cylinder
(PO, not me). The second was just last year, an ex-black & white hadrop
that someone had painted a kind of chartruese, and since it came home on
Easter, we dubbed it the easter egg. I managed to get it running after a
long hibernation and then sold it to a co-worker who is nor restoring
it.
     And not to split hairs, but I think they made them until '62,
albeit in very few numbers. I also think the last two years they went to
Lockheed brakes instead of the Girling units of earlier cars.

    cheers-
            daren