Jim Bob's Winter Storage Tips (pt. 1)

To: british-cars@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Jim Bob's Winter Storage Tips (pt. 1)
From: jab@netrix.com
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 1994 08:28:51 -0400
With the winter months fast approaching here in VA, I would
like to pass along two personal tips for storage of one's
beloved LBC.

1.  If you maintain the charge in the battery with a trickle
charger, be sure to allow adequate ventilation around the battery.
Failure to do so could result in a fire since the battery gives
off hydrogen gas when it charges.

2.  My favorite filling station has started pumping oxygenated
gas.  I filled my wife's car last evening and noticed a distinct
change in the odor of the fuel.  Suppliers are required to use
oxygenated gas from 11/1 to 2/29 in my area.  I would recommend
storing the car with 100% gas in the tank instead of the oxygenated
stuff which is gasoline mixed with alcohol or some other rather
corrosive crud.

There was a good description of a storage procedure on the TR8
list, but I don't think that it was posted here.  I'll try to
find it.  Y'all feel free to add to this.

-Jim.
----
James A. Babcock, Software Engineer   Email:  jab@netrix.com
Netrix Corporation                    '92 Honda Accord
13595 Dulles Technology Drive         '76 Triumph TR7
Herndon VA  22071        Give Blood -- It's a great feeling!