Re: Whither 215s?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Whither 215s?
From: gary@meadows.salem.ge.com
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 94 10:01:59 -0400
>From gary Tue Oct 18 10:02:10 EDT 1994 remote from meadows.salem.ge.com
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 94 10:02:10 EDT
From: gary@meadows.salem.ge.com (Gary Meadows)
To:   british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 radios/antennae

Crumpet is also an early TR6.  Antenna is on right front fender.  I
don't know if it is original, but I do know it is looooong.  The three
telescoping sections will probably almost hit stoplights if fully
extended.

As for radios, I found a perfect fit with one designed for a VW
Beetle.  The one I bought was from JC Whitless, auto-reversing
cassette w/ analog AM/FM.  It does work, but at $90, it was probably
overpriced.  Sound quality is OK, but the FM doesn't lock on very
well and requires frequent re-adjustment.

I souped it up with an old power booster (in glove compartment)
and a pair of truck speakers behind the seats.  Enough to overcome
the Monza exhaust, but I don't like to crank it up in town.  At
least I didn't have to perform major surgery to the car.

Gary T. Meadows    gary@meadows.salem.ge.com    Roanoke, VA