TR4 Headlight Rims

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 Headlight Rims
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 1994 10:45:42 -0400 (EDT)
Regarding Charles Farwell's problems attaching TR4 headlamp rims.  If
these are new reproduction rims, the problem might be that they are too
small.  I bought new rims for my bugeye at an outrageous price from a
company whose name I won't mention here (except to say that the owner of
said company is said to own a bugeye on which they might have tried the
shipment of rims)(OH, and the first letter of the company name is M, and
the last two letters are s, thus M*SS, but otherwise I won't mention the
name).  The fool things would NOT go on, whereas originals would.  They
were simply made about 1/8 inch smaller than the originals.

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910