One small TR6 oil change-one giant step for mankind

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: One small TR6 oil change-one giant step for mankind
From: jme@pt.com (James M. Echter)
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 94 09:47:44 EDT
Howdy,

I've been lurking about for over a year and decided it was time to finally
post something.  I have a 1974 TR6 "driver" that I do a little bit on each
summer.  New exhaust, rebuilt the tranny, replaced the new defective throw-
out bearing, new top, etc., etc. are examples of some of my efforts. However,
I never changed the oil myself as it looked like such a pain in the a**.

Anyway, all the recent posts on how to go about it inspired me to tackle this
job last night.  The car goes into storage tonight and I really didn't want
to put it away with dirty oil in the engine.  Thanks for the tip on removing
the clutch slave cylinder so that you can get the filter cover out.  All in
all, it took about an hour with no problems.  However, the RF will be getting
an order from me during their winter sale for the spin on filter adapter...!

Now that the TR will be put away, it's on to the restoration of two pedal cars
for my kids.  They are lc's and don't really count as lbc's as they don't
drip oil...:)

Jim Echter
jme@pt.com
74 TR6 - Mimosa Yellow
60s Murray TeeBird Pedal Car
60s Murray Fire Chief Padal Car
70s AMF Fire Truck-- my kids' daily driver...:)