Misc replys

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Misc replys
From: carguy <drr@infinet.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 1994 09:50:47 -0400 (EDT)
1. Sterotypes: STILL have the MGTD i bought in college, and have had many
lbs's since, driven them daily, all year round, been racing them for over
20 years,  not bald yet.

2. Volvo's: I drive a 740 GLE 16 valve and it scoots along as good or
better than any other car that size,  size needed to haul the 2.6 kids, 2
golden retrievers, and lbc parts along with the groceries; after spending
many hours working on the innards of many a vehicle-brit, german,jap etc,
the swedes have earned the reputation as excellent engineers imho. Safe?
you betcha- I was in a 60mph head on in my MGBGT versus a 60 mph Buick on
my side of the road-many bones rearranged so maybe I am overly nervous
and I like lotsa  swedish steel and an airbag between me and the next Buick.
BTW, ever see a SCCA Improved Touring class B race?  Losta Volvos up
front usually.  hmmm; didja know the Brit Touring Car Series has 850 Turbo
Wagons (by Tommy Walkinshaw)? hmmm. Comeon Ray, lets taka lap of Lime
Rock in my 16 valver, (but you're right about one thing, can't find that
hubcap)! hmmm.

3. Brit Engineering: Ever notice that 99% of every racecar chassis and
engine (except Renault/Peugot maybe) are made in England? hmmmm.  Didja
know that Scotland has the highest per capita patent rate? hmmm.

4.BMW's: only real beemers have 2 wheels- yeah i got one, big, very fast
and yeah, scared of volvos, AND buicks and every other cager who don't
watch out beond their hood ornament, including lbc drivers.

doug the bodger.