Re: Re- Old Triumph

To: "Dan Ness" <MORRISGARAGE@delphi.com>
Subject: Re: Re- Old Triumph
From: "Rob Reilly" <reilly@admail.fnal.gov>
Date: 6 Oct 1994 08:42:54 -0600
        Reply to:   RE>Re: Old Triumph
After I first guessed it might be a Mayflower, Dan wrote to me privately:
>The guy told me that the buyer told him it was a 1948.
>Inside the engine compartment I found the following:
>2000 Triumph
>manufactured by the Standard Motor Co. LTD.
>The front doors were suicide doors and the rear opened up normally
>so all of the hinges were in the middle of the car.
>BTW this is all happening in Boston.....

Hi, Dan
Now my guess is it's a razor-edge styled saloon from the 1946-54 era called
first the "Town and Country" with an 1800 engine, then the Renown 2000 with the
Vanguard 2 liter engine. Looks like a baby Rolls-Royce, right? Not surprising,
as they were built by Mulliners of Birmingham, who I believe also did a lot of
Rolls bodies.