vintage races @summit point/TC to trade?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: vintage races @summit point/TC to trade?
From: JWCHESLEY@aamc.org
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 1994 18:02:50 -0500
   Well, since I finally got thru this weeks posts, I guess I
have a little to add.   Went to the SVRA vintage races @
Summit Point W Va on Sunday.  My 15 year old son Sean,
who lusts after a Lexus or a 64 Impala low-rider, actually
came with me when I invited him!?!? Was I surprised!
Anyway, we arrived late morning and walked over to the
fence in front of the grandstands just in time to see a Bugeye
overcorrect several times and hook a wheel in the dirt... the
car flipped right in front of us and skidded on the roll bar for
50 feet or so.  For a long moment, there was no movement in
the car, but the corner workers were there in a flash and the
driver was able to crawl out and walk away... GOOD
ADVERTISING FOR A ROLL BAR in any convertible!!!
When things calmed down, Sean said "Wow, will there be
another one?!?!?  Kids!?!?!?!!  Anyway, I saw the car later
and, except for a flattened windshield, dented fenders, a cut
tire and a broken radiator mount, it looked completely intact!!
Solid cars!!
   New subject:  my neighbor has a 46-48? TC up on blocks in
his garage in good original shape that he's reluctant to drive
for fear of blowing the original engine (no reason, just one of
those fears).  He'd like to swap for/sell for/buy a recent
Morgan to drive around.  Since he won't drive the TC no
matter how much I tell him they were _meant_ to be driven, I
offered to ask the wisdom of the net.  Anyone interested? or
know of anyone?  How do the relative values of the two cars
compare?
   AND... what IS the difference between Girling Red Rubber
Grease and Girling Green Grease!!!
- jack chesley <jwchesley@aamc.org>
.. late of a 74 Midget - but it went to a good home... on my
way to work in my (finally) back-on-the-road 65 Alfa spider.. (I
know, I know.. but it DOES have Girling Brakes and Lucas
switches - so there!)...PS, anyone out there with a cache of
old Alfa parts cheap???