Re: British Cars Digest #1336 Tue Aug 23 01:15:01 MDT 1994

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: British Cars Digest #1336 Tue Aug 23 01:15:01 MDT 1994
From: gpetrola@prairienet.org (Gregory Petrolati)
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 1994 07:59:58 -0500

        Gentle SOLs,

        Might I nject a thought into what seems to be the debate
        on storage. I live in Central Illinois which is not gen-
        erally known for it's mild winters. Still, I refuse to
        "store" TR4 during the cold months. On the days when the
        weather is suitable (no slop or salt on the roads), I drive
        my LBC. Why? A friend of mine, a fellow who knows Triumphs
        intimately, as he makes his living fixing them has a saying,
        "Non-use is abuse". Some of our brothers and sisters live in
        the far north where winters harder than here however, there
        are days, even in the Great North when driving an LBC would
        be possible.

        Finally for those who put their cars up on blocks, or whatever.
        How long does it take to remount your tires and get the car down
        off those blocks in the spring? Do you think you could do the
        same task any faster if, say the GARAGE WAS ON FIRE?

                        Greg "out in the cold...again" Petrolati

--
        "It's not a leak.... It's a british flow-through lubrication
                system..."