More on Minilite Replicas

To: "Scions of Lucas" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: More on Minilite Replicas
From: "Dave Lapham" <Dave_Lapham@oakqm3.sps.mot.com>
Date: 10 Aug 1994 15:53:03 U
   More on Minilite Replicas
On Tue, 9 Aug 1994, Mike Gigante wrote:

> Minilites are expensive, so few of those who would *love* to have a set
> actually are prepared to pay for them. Here in Australia at least there
> is an alternative - superlites from Performance Mags. I have a set on my
> spridget racecar (13x7) for my radials/wets. They will basically make up
> width and offset to suit. They have made *lots* of sets for spridgets as
> there are at least 10 sets in our club!
>
> They cost me approx A$140 or so (say US$110) and they shipped them over
> with a week of my order.

Hmmm, Mike must be more pursuasive than I am.  I'm assuming these are the
same products sold by Performance Industries USA Inc., called Superlites and
advertised in GrassRoots Motorsports.  The company is in Miami, FL.  They
have some pretty good prices on Minilite lookalikes, but for my big Healey, I
wanted 5.5 inch width.  They only list six inch and wider in their ad for 15"
wheels.  When I called them and told them I wanted 5.5" to meet vintage
requirements, they just said they didn't offer it -- sorry.

On the other hand, Panasport didn't have them either, but said if I'd take
some measurements from my car (back spacing, offset)  they'd make some up.
Supposedly they're off doing that now.