Re: battery cutoff switches

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, jag-lovers@psy.uwa.edu.au
Subject: Re: battery cutoff switches
From: gladish@suite.suite.com
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 94 08:52:47 -0700
Bathurst, Inc. sells a cutoff switch which is implemented by a bolt with a
knob and attaches directly to the battery post.  If you want an anti-theft
device, you just unscrew the bolt using the knob and put it in your
pocket.  I haven't found it useful for everything - sometimes it won't
work given the space constraints - but it works great on the battery in
the trunk of my Lambo.  There is a picture of the device (Battery Master
Switch) in their ad in Hemmings (pg 5398 in the 7/94 issue).  Their
address/phone is:

    Bathurst, Inc.
    Box 27
    Tyrone, PA  16686
    814-684-2603

The switch is US$14.95 postpaid (in the US probably) and you get a
discount for 12 or more units.  BTW, I have seen this switch advertised
for much more in some of the glamorous mail-order catalogs.

Brian, Just a Satisfied Customer
gladish@suite.com