SU FUEL PUMPS

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: SU FUEL PUMPS
From: Christopher Ball <triumph@io.org>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 1994 12:43:59 -0400

O.K. I almost drove Chip Old over the edge with the Sparking Plug
thread I began. Got good info though. Here's another one.

I know that SU fuel pumps like to be banged with a hammer to get started
now and then. Fine. But...

My Healey has a brand new SU pump. If I leave it for a week without
driving it I have to bang it a good one to get it going EVERY time. Looks
great in the parking lot  and crawling under a Healey is hard for
SNAKES to do!

I have cleaned and gapped the beast to no avial. Any suggestions?

Chris
triumph@io.org