'65 MGB transmission

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: '65 MGB transmission
From: MORRISGARAGE@delphi.com
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 1994 20:20:58 -0500 (EST)
I am on the hunt for an OD transmission for my '65 RHD MGB.  The car is
currently in storage, I am looking for a top quality transmission as I
don't want to ever have to pull it again.  I really have been spoiled with
the overdrive on the B's and would find it hard to live without.  I suppose
that I would consider having the existing one rebuilt but I would much
rather have a entirely different one.  Does anybody out there know where I
may be able to find one at a fairly reasonable cost??  I have been told that
I would be able to install a transmission from a newer MGB but that I would
have to do some banging on the underside of the car in order for it to fit.
Is this possible, are the transmissions compatible, especially with the
overdrive??  Any assistance is greatly appreciated!!

Dan