Re: Roots Superchargers

To: uunet.UU.NET!woodstock!sharebase.com!toms@wyvern.wyvern.com
Subject: Re: Roots Superchargers
From: Randy Wilson <randy@taylor.wyvern.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 1994 18:02:58 -0500 (EST)

> A pressurized SU or Stromberg would require the area above the diaphragm
> to be pressurized as well as the float bowls...

 The area above the piston (sealed by a diaphragm only in the ZS) is vented
only to the throttle bore just down stream of the bridge. This is what
pulls the piston up against the spring.

 I think what you meant is that the area under the piston flange (SU) or
diaphragm (ZS) will need to be "pressurized" also. This area needs to be
at the same pressure as the ambient pressure... what exists at the carb
face. This is very easily accomplished. On both carb types, this area is
vented to the outside through hole(s) in the carb face. They vent into
what is normally the air filter housing. The flange on the pipe from the
blower that bolts to the carb face just has to mimick the openings of the
original air filter. Not a problem.

 As I said before, the factory Metro Turbo uses a plain SU HIF6 in a blown
through design. Other than jetting, it required no changes to the carb.

   Randy
    randy@taylor.wyvern.com