Re: Roots Superchargers

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, danmoore@attmail.com
Subject: Re: Roots Superchargers
From: jamesa@dougal.logica.co.uk (James Arnold)
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 94 09:19:55 GMT
Dan said:
>Does anyone know if any MGBGTs(racing or stock) ever came from the factory
>with A Roots Supercharger? Any information on this subject would be helpful. I
>am currently considering buying a 1967 MGBGT that is equipped with 3 SUs and a
>Roots setup. It's very fast, but I have some doubts as to the current owner's
>statement that it came with the car from the dealer that way.
>any help?

I think I can say with a fair degree of confidence that its not a standard
mod and I've never heard of a special like you decribe.  If it was some kind
of factory special then there ought to be at least an "interesting story"
with it or better still some history.
But I'd be very interested to hear what a 3 carb setup looks like on a an B
series head, as it only has two inlet ports. ( Or did you mean a single
3 inch SU? )

James.