Spit/GT-6 Floor pans

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Spit/GT-6 Floor pans
From: bownes@lucas.emi.com (R.M. Bownes III)
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 1994 11:39:56 +0500
My GT-6 (73 MK III, built Oct 72) is in need of some repair to the floor
under the driver's feet. The chanel that holds the wiring harness
is rotted out, as is part of the seam along the rocker. The reinforcment
box at the front edge of the seat is fine, as is everything from there back.

What I'm wondering is, has anyone replaced an entire Spit floor? I can get
the whole panel for $89 from TRF, and eitehr cut out the piece I want,
or try to replace the whole thing. The other alternative is to custom cut
and weld new sheet metal to fit the spot, which is just the chanel.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
        bob