mirror placement

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: mirror placement
From: Will Zehring <WZEHRIN@CMS.CC.WAYNE.EDU>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 94 08:08:47 EST
Fellow fiends:

If the following isn't evidence that winter has truely gotten to me, then
I'd like to know...
Anyway, believe it or not, I'm getting the '63 B shell back from the body
guy and am frozen (haha) with concern for the following:  Where do I put the
outside mirrors?  I have scanned articles with pix of early early B's
and none of them had outside mirrors (?).  I will not drive without them
so, does anyone have a clue where they were most frequently mounted?
Door? or Fender?  I had the "crack of doom" on the driver's side, had
it repaired and don't want to see it come back again.  Should I stay
away from mounting the mirror on the door?  I think it sort of looks
vaguely more *vintage* to have the d**n things on the fenders but ofcourse
rear visibility is reduced.  Can I go now?

Next question: how many angels can dance...

Will "Look at those lovely gray clouds" Zehring