Moss' winged knock-off wren

To: "Scions of Lucas" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Moss' winged knock-off wren
From: "Dave Lapham" <Dave_Lapham@oakqm3.sps.mot.com>
Date: 7 Mar 1994 13:15:11 U
                      Moss' winged knock-off wrench?

> Moss is advertising a $35 winged knock-off wrench in the the latest
> If contact is metal-on-metal

I use a 2 pound rubber "dead blow" mallet on my knock-offs.
Harbor Freight has them for about $10.00, or Stanley sells
them for somewhere around $40.00 - $50.00.  When a rear wheel
came off of my big Healey last Fall (at 65-70 MPH !!) I jacked
the car up and used my buddy's Stanley dead blow to support it
until we could (quickly) move the jack to a better location.
The dead blow feature (it's filled with lead shot) keeps it
from rebounding in your face and the rubber surface hasn't
marred my knock-offs yet, despite the fact that I've had more
tire problems in the past year than anyone wants to know about.

     --  Dave L.       !!  KEEP HEALEYS RACING  !!