GT6 back in the body shop...

To: b-c@bb1t.monsanto.com
Subject: GT6 back in the body shop...
From: lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com (Larry E. Snyder lesnyd@monsanto.com 314-694-3626)
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 94 12:34:10 -0600
I'm without the GT6+ until next week. *Sigh* I'm getting convinced that I
don't want to make this car a frequent driver. It hurts too much when it
breaks, and I  always *have* to get it fixed immediately, regardless of
cost. I need something I'm a little less attached to, but something a bit
more fun than an 80 Dodge Pickup.

As newsletter editor for the St. Louis Triumph club, I just received an
ad to put in the newsletter. Someone has two Spitfires, a '63 and  a '69.
I've decided that if the '69 is decent and reasonably priced, I'm going to go
for it. And if I can get a deal on BOTH, well... This ad may never be
published! ;^)

But then, having a Mk III Spit to go along with my Mk.2 GT6, I'll probably
not want to drive either! I guess that's where the Mk I Spit comes in...

I MUST have a roadster before summer. The TR250 is about to be dismantled
for restoration (I'll report on its progress in a year or so....) and it's
not insured right now. So a Spit, or two, might just do the trick. Plus
I've got a lead on a 1500 Spitfire, too. Hmmm, how to put three Spitfires
into a positive light for my family. I don't think "There's three of them -
one HAS to be running!" will work, since I have two Triumphs now, and currently
neither is available.

Looking forward to a great weekend (60s) with no roadster,

Larry