RE: lucas bitz

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: lucas bitz
From: DJP@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 1994 11:43:53 -0700 (MST)
Marcel Chichak <chichm@tibalt.supernet.ab.ca> writes:

> The responce to my need to dump all of the Lucas lenses etc that are of no
> earthly use to me has been, to say the least, PATHETIC. I just don't
> understand it, all of those millions of '53 Mute Mk III's out there must
> need tail lamps, and there's gotta be a gazillion '58 Howler Ultragrumps
> with worn distributor shafts. I guess their owners just don't love their
> cars. I just can't understand it.

Actually, I have a very rare Series I Howler Ultragrump, but it's a late
'57, not a '58 so I figured it couldn't apply to me...

>From the "dream on, kid" division your posting gave me some hope that
I could, by posting to this list, find:

 2x Lucas indicator lenses, front, glass, part number L584
 1 OR 2x Lucas indicator lens, rear, plastic "   "    L636

They're not really for the rare and collectible Howler, they're
for a '66 Triumph Vitesse (Herald stuff might work too)...
Is it insanely hopeful of me to ask if anyone might have these
in some dusty and forgotten bin?  Oh, a Herald/Vitesse fuel
filler cap would be most welcome too...

djp@alpha.sunquest.com