Jaguar XJ-S Help Booklet

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Jaguar XJ-S Help Booklet
From: Kirby Palm <palmk@freenet.scri.fsu.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 94 12:01:42 EST
                        EXPERIENCE IN A BOOK

                   Help for the Jaguar XJ-S Owner

                            by Kirby Palm

This booklet contains things that a Jaguar XJ-S owner should know, but
doesn't know who to ask.  Owners of the XJ6 and XJ12 may also benefit,
as much of the cars are similar.

Featured sections include:
                  -Maintenance tips
                  -Performance mods
                  -Other sources of info

Examples of tips found in this booklet include:
      -     How to replace the electric mirror joysticks with a
            system that works.
      -     What automatic antenna from J. C. Whitney can be
            used to replace the original.
      -     How to use alternative hood struts to save money
            and keep your bonnet from falling on your head.
      -     How to modify your air filter housings for more power.
      -     Where to get the original leather dye to make your
            interior look like new.

To receive a printed copy of this booklet, send $6.  To receive a
WordPerfect 5.1 or 5.0 file so you can print your own copies, send
$4.  Add $1 for Canada.  Be sure to give your name and address, and
state what you want: floppy vs. printout, type of floppy, WordPerfect
version, etc.

The money only covers copying, postage and correspondence costs; The
main return I hope to receive is the benefit of others' experience
when they write to me with things to add to this booklet.  My hope is
to become a central clearing house for Jaguar XJ-S experience and
know-how.  If you have learned something about your Jag that the rest
of us should know, please write, call or send a message to:

            Kirby Palm
            Route 1, Box 3498
            Havana, FL  32333-9762
            (904) 539-9350
            InterNet:  palmk@freenet.tlh.fl.us
            Prodigy member ID:  GRXW20A

If you have a question I may be able to help with, you are welcome to
call me at the above number.  Please don't call before noon on
weekends or holidays.