Staring Really Simple

To: Ford@cdc.hp.com, british-cars@autox.team.net, twakeman@apple.com
Subject: Staring Really Simple
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 1994 09:39:27 -0800
TeriAnn,

I tried your suggestion last night (i.e., connecting a wire directly
from the battery to the coil, for those of you who haven't been
following this important discussion), but the problem persisted.  It
didn't seem to occur as often or to be as severe, but I suspect that was
due strictly to the fickle finger of fate.  So, it appears the ignition
switch, the ballast resistor and the starter solenoid (which houses the
ballast resistor bypass relay) can be eliminated as the source of the
the snake's stumbling.  That still leaves a lot of electrical stuff but
I'm grateful that I won't have to grovel around under the dash looking
for the problem.  BTW, it was an interesting experience to shut the
ignition switch off and have the engine continue to run.

Roland