Re: $600 big healey

To: gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu, Roland@apple.com, Dudley@apple.com,
Subject: Re: $600 big healey
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 94 16:49:50 -0800
In message <Pine.3.05.9401191427.D5244-a100000@northpole.med.uvm.edu> "W. Ray
Gibbons" writes:
> TeriAnn wrote (regarding a cheap big Healey):
>
> > > For $600 I would expect it would need a lot of boxes to move it.
> >

> And Roland ventured:
>
> > Isn't that what Land Rover are for?  Sounds like your cuppa tea,
> > TeriAnn.  We all know you need yet another project car!
>
> And I can't resist blathering:
>
> Remember, TeriAnn, this is your chance to save a big healey from being
> shipped to England, where it would be coach-painted in BRG hammerite with
> a 5 inch brush, converted to RHD with parts from a Commer van, and
> featured on the cover of Popular Classics, along with an article
> complaining how the previous yank owner had "bodged" it before "flogging"
> it to an unsuspecting (and pure) brit.  Hurry!  :)

I really suspect the car is probably long gone or someone's already stripped
parts car.

> Ray Gibbons, who would go to look at a $600 big healey too, because hope
> springs eternal in the human breast, and I once heard of a guy who...

But Ray, if you want a rumor....

This is one I heard while easedroping in on a conversation during a Brit car
swap meet....

It seems there was a ship that came into San Francisco harbor that had a
shipment of new MGTDs and Healey 100-4s for Australia aboard.  For some reason,
the cars got offloaded and disappeared.  They were rumored to have been put into
storage into a building in Moss Landing (a couple of towns down the coast from
SF).

So maybe, there is a barn or wearhouse sitting.. long unused... with a bunch of
new MGs & Healeys still wrapped for an overseas tip to Australia.

TeriAnn Wakeman             One of these days, I'll be old enough that
twakeman@apple.com          people will stop calling me crazy and start
LINK: TWAKEMAN              calling me eccentric.
408-974-2344        TR3A - TS75519L, MGBGT - GHD4U149572G, 109 - 164000561