Re: $600 big healey

To: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Subject: Re: $600 big healey
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 1994 14:59:36 -0500 (EST)
TeriAnn wrote (regarding a cheap big Healey):

> > For $600 I would expect it would need a lot of boxes to move it.

And Roland ventured:

> Isn't that what Land Rover are for?  Sounds like your cuppa tea,
> TeriAnn.  We all know you need yet another project car!

And I can't resist blathering:

Remember, TeriAnn, this is your chance to save a big healey from being
shipped to England, where it would be coach-painted in BRG hammerite with
a 5 inch brush, converted to RHD with parts from a Commer van, and
featured on the cover of Popular Classics, along with an article
complaining how the previous yank owner had "bodged" it before "flogging"
it to an unsuspecting (and pure) brit.  Hurry!  :)

Ray Gibbons, who would go to look at a $600 big healey too, because hope
springs eternal in the human breast, and I once heard of a guy who...